Under the auspices of the Municipality of Seia, the Union of Parishes of Seia, São Romão
and Lapa dos Dinheiros and the Tourism Central Region of Portugal, is held the fifth
edition of the International Song Festival of Serra da Estrela (FICSE).
THE PURPOSE OF THE FESTIVAL
The Festival is organized to promote and stimulate artistic creativity, within a healthy spirit of competition; to make possible the discovery and the launch of new values; to stimulate the creation of musical repertoire aimed at children and young people; to promote friendship between children of different nationalities, and to provide music teachers exchange of experiences, including music and dance interpretation techniques.
PLACE AND DATE OF THE CONTEST
The rounds and the final Gala–Concert will take place at the Cineteatro Casa Municipal da Cultura, in Seia, between 21st and 24th of August 2019, according to the following schedule:
– 20, Tuesday: foreign participants (competitors and accompanying) and non-local Portuguese travel to Seia;
– 21, 22, 23 and 24: Festival days (Gala–Concert on Saturday);
– 25, Sunday: departure of foreign participants (and non-local nationals).
The participation in this festival is open to children, young people and adults, according to the following categories:
– 1st category – Soloists until 9 years old;
– 2nd category – Soloists from 10 to 13 years old;
– 3rd category – Soloists from 14 to 17 years old;
– 4th category – Soloists from 18 years old and over (no limit).
NOTE: It is allowed the participation of vocal groups (duets, trios, quartets, etc.). Each group will be inserted in the category corresponding to the age of the oldest element.
Each contestant will participate with two songs. These can be original or not, sung in the national language of the competitor, or not. Contestants will sing with the voice in direct sound, on instrumental playback. The songs must not exceed the duration of four minutes (4'00").
The performance of the contestants will be evaluated by an international jury of leading personalities in the world of the music. Jury decisions are final and cannot be appealed.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
To participate, must be filled and mailed the application form at the Festival (attached to these Regulations). With the form, should be sent a copy of the Identity Card, Citizen Card or Passport. Entries must be made until 15 July 2019.
Competitors will have to pay an admission fee, in the following value:
– soloists: 50 Euros;
– duets: 30 Euros per element;
– trios: 25 Euros per element;
– quartets (and larger groups): 20 Euros per element.
The organization of the Festival makes available, for the amount of 245 Euros per person (competitors and accompanying), the following services:
– Accommodation and breakfast (5 nights – August 20th to 25th);
– 5 dinners (August 20th to 24th);
– Transfer airport of Lisbon–Seia (on 20th August) and Seia–airport of Lisbon (on 25th August);
– Touristic and cultural entertainment program extra-festival (excursions, visits, promenades, etc.).
In addition to trophies, prizes and other souvenirs, there will be the following cash prizes:
For each age category:
– 1st place: 300 Euros;
– 2nd place: 200 Euros;
– 3rd place: 100 Euros.
– “Grand Prix junior” (to the competitors of the 1st and 2nd categories): 400 Euros;
– “Grand Prix senior” (to the competitors of the 3rd and 4th categories): 1000 Euros.
All competitors will receive a trophy and a certificate of participation.
Festival participants authorize the Organization to use the sounds and images of their performances to promote the Festival itself.
Any questions should be sent to the email: email@example.com